To sell products via Fyndiq, you need to be registered in Europe (for exceptions contact Fyndiq at email@example.com). Fyndiq complies with existing consumer legislation and distance contract rules and demands the same level of compliance from the merchants that sell products via Fyndiq. All products sold via Fyndiq must be checked and approved under prevailing Swedish legislation. Fyndiq may request documentation or certificates for products, for example for their origin (authenticity), in particular for electrical products, branded products and where a direct or indirect claim is made that the product is an original product, and also concerning products’ compliance with safety, environmental and health requirements.
Articles in this section
- What should I consider before I start selling on Fyndiq?
- Does it cost anything to sell on Fyndiq?
- Is there a commitment period?
- How does shipment work?
- Do I need to send the products to Fyndiq?
- How long do I have to dispatch an order?
- May I send out marketing material?
- Does Fyndiq sell products outside Sweden?
- Can I sell the same product on Fyndiq as in my own web shop/store?
- Can the same product be sold by two merchants at the same time?