Products that are prohibited to sell according to Swedish law.
- Drugs and steroids
- Equipment which can be used for unlawful activities or impermissible evasion of technical protection
- Equipment or substances which can be used to handle or produce illegal products
- Goods subject to import or export prohibitions
- Identification documents
- Lotteries and equipment for lottery activities
- Material or disclosure of confidential information or personal data which is subject to legal protection
- Merchandising products with trademarks, other distinguishing marks, or a person's name or picture (secondary use) which lacks a licence or authorisation from the rights holder
- Counterfeit products or material which constitute infringement of third party intellectual property rights
- Recalled products
- Weapons and ammunition including realistic looking toy weapons and other products that may be mistaken for real weapons
Prohibited products due to various reasons
We have chosen to prohibit the sales of some product groups due to various reasons. The product groups are the following:
Not in line with Fyndiq’s company values
Anti-bark collars for dogs
- Drug-related products and designs
- Genuine furs.
Not in line with Fyndiq’s assortment strategy
Fyndiq’s core business as a bargain marketplace are non branded fast moving goods, and some types of products don't fit in our assortment.
- Animals, plants, and other organisms
- Currency, coins, bills, securities
- Digital content for downloading or playback
- Food and animal feed
- Products intended for professional use, for example industrial machinery and equipment
- Whipped cream dispensers and chargers.
Strict product safety/compliance guidelines, risk for consumers
Strict safety requirements and regulations for certain high risk products in different segments places high demands on you as a merchant and on Fyndiq as a marketplace. For that reason, products that fall under this category are prohibited to sell on Fyndiq because they are difficult to control.
- Eyelash serum
- Fireworks and other explosive objects
- Hand sanitizer
- Laser products such as pens, pointers, etc
- Pharmaceuticals, veterinary medical products or medical technical products
- Piercing equipment, for example guns and needles
- Tobacco and electronic cigarettes, including fluids for e-cigarettes (with or without nicotine).
Some plastic products, where adequate replacement alternatives exist, are completely banned in the EU. Adequate replacement alternative means that the product is already on the market in another material or as a reusable alternative. A ban on certain disposable plastic products will be applied in Sweden from 1 January 2022.
The bans only apply to those who put the products on the market for the first time, i.e. the manufacturers.
Producers are those who manufacture or import the products to Sweden. The term "import" refers to goods destined for Sweden from one country outside the EU and with imports of goods from Sweden to another country within the EU.
Other actors who sell or supply these products may continue to do so even after the requirement that a ban has entered into force.
The prohibitions apply to the following disposable plastic products:
- Cotton swabs, except for those used as medical devices
- Cutlery (forks, knives, spoons and chopsticks)
- Straws, except for those used as medical devices
- Stirrer for drinks
- Balloon sticks
- Products made of oxo-degradable plastic
- Food containers in expanded polystyrene (e.g. styrofoam) with or without lids intended for consumption directly and without further preparation
- Beverage containers and mugs in expanded polystyrene (eg styrofoam) including corks and lids
Products that normally are prohibited to sell but OK upon written approval.
- Adult products
- Reason: Consumer risk in terms of under aged audience
- Reason: Contribute to high inflow of CR issues
- Face masks & respiratory protection
- Reason: Strict product compliance guidelines
- Spare parts for smartphones and tablets
- Reason: Contribute to high inflow of CR issues
- Products sold on demand, such as custom made products
- Reason: No right of withdrawal on products sold on demand
- Used products, including demonstration models
- Reason: Fyndiq’s main business area is not about selling second hand products, but OK if the products meet the requirements for “Nästan ny” (are in good condition and “as good as new”).
Products that could be offensive (for example subject to racism, objectification etc.) which is not in line with Fyndiq’s company values.
- Material which glorifies, downplays, or encourages criminal acts or discrimination
- Material which may be offensive or constitute a threat against a minority, humiliation, defamation, insult, threat, unlawful depiction of violence
- Pornography or sexually offensive material
- Products related to human tragedies and natural disasters.
If you are uncertain whether your products come under any of these categories, please contact us at email@example.com.
Penalties & fines
If you as a merchant upload a prohibited product or advertisement, a fine of 1000 SEK for each individual uploaded item may be issued. You may also be temporarily or permanently suspended depending on the magnitude of the violation. We perform a separate assessment in each individual case.
Please observe that offensive products are excluded, read more in the Offensive Products Policy for more information about what fees apply.