Fyndiq has a zero tolerance against sales of offensive products. According to our guidelines and list of prohibited products, Fyndiq bans sales of these products.
Pornography or sexually offensive material
- Nudity, graphic sexual content and material that could be interpreted as sexually provocative
- Example of a listing that Fyndiq approves:
- If the product belongs to an adult category and is correctly categorized, it’s completely OK that is demonstrates the usage or purpose of the product as long as sensitive body parts are censored
- Example of a listing that Fyndiq doesn’t approve:
- The product itself is an adult product and demonstrates the usage but is categorized incorrectly, or that the sensitive body parts are not censored
- Sexual objectification (is never allowed but Fyndiq decides case by case on whether it is considered a case of sexual objectification or not)
- Model posing on all fours is not necessary for demonstrating a lingerie set
- Phone case with a nude picture on/in it is not OK since the image itself doesn’t have anything to do with the product.
Products related to human tragedies and natural disasters
- Pandemic related motives and products
- Crime scene and autopsy photographs.
Child prohibited content
- Products intended for use by children that contains adult content, profanity and/or sexual references
- Products marketed to or targeted at kids or teenagers that are age-inappropriate.
- Products depicting children or characters resembling children in a sexually suggestive manner.
Racism & cultural appropriation
- Fyndiq prohibits the sale of products and/or listings which promote, glorify, or endorse hatred or violence towards a group of people on the basis of race, sexual orientation, or religion. Some examples include:
- Nazi memorabilia
- Campaigns for racial cleansing
- Glorification of dictators
- Anti-gay, bullying, and other hate speech
- Products related to terrorist organizations
- Cultural appropriation
- Products and/or listings meant to mock people that represent disadvantaged minority cultures.
Penalties & fines
If you as a merchant upload an offensive product or advertisement, fines for each individual uploaded item may be issued according to the following chart:
|Physical product||10 000 SEK|
|Article image||10 000 SEK|
|Description||1 000 SEK|
You may also be temporarily or permanently suspended depending on the magnitude of the violation. We perform a separate assessment in each individual case.