At Fyndiq we always want to provide you as a merchant with the best possibilities to succeed in your sales. Therefore we have created a measuring tool that will guide you to keep track of your overall performance and to improve your customer satisfaction. The purpose of the "Merchant Score" is to clearly show how well your routines and flows work, the quality of your products and how well you deliver within the promised time. The higher the Merchant score, the happier the customers.
The Merchant Score can be viewed at the Merchant Center under Analytics → Issues → Merchant Score.
How we measure and why it is important
Merchant Score is a way to measure how good a merchant is at delivering what is promised to the customer when making a purchase. In other words, it is the customer's experience that affects the factors of the Merchant Score. A merchant with a high Merchant Score has more satisfied customers and will thus make our customers come back more often and together we get more satisfied customers and more sales.
From May 23 2022 Fyndiq's Merchant Score consists of the following parameters:
- Issue rate (40%): The proportion of orders that have created issues in terms of missing/delayed delivery, complaint or regret.
- Trustpilot Rating (40%): The average score given by the customer on your product upon delivery. The rating is based on the customer’s experience in the following categories: Delivery time, product quality, value for money and packaging.
- CSS (20%): The customer’s assessment of how you handle your customer service issues.
Given that the parameters are weighted differently compared to earlier, your current score will slightly differ from your earlier score due to these changes. As shown above, the new merchant score will have greater focus on Trustpilot score and Issue rate.
Merchant Score is measured continuously based on statistics from the last 30-90 days.
How you improve your missing rate
The missing rate is related to your ability to deliver the product and is based on late or missing orders and can include both unfulfilled and unhandled orders.
Be sure not to over-promise delivery time if you are unsure if you will have time to deliver on time. Customers like fast deliveries but do not like the delivery being late. Make sure that all the different products are set to the correct delivery time and that you have some margin, so that you ensure that you do not receive any "missing" deliveries.
If you do not deliver on time and thus get too high a "missing-rate", you may receive fees deducted from future payments and a lower Merchant Score. Let's work together to prevent this from happening.
How you improve your complaint rate
The complaint rate is related to the actual quality or the customer expectations of your product. Issues can include, for instance, completely or partially broken products, incorrect products or due to incorrect or lacking title, description and/or pictures.
Make sure that the products you buy have a good quality. This can be done in different ways, but a safe way is to test a bunch of the products that you plan to sell on Fyndiq first, before you put them up for sale. If everything works as it should, you have a good chance of not receiving any complaints. If they do not work well, you should do more checks and just make sure to post the products that have good quality and work as they should. In this way, you have ensured that you do not receive excessive complaints and avoid fees and a lower Merchant Score.
How you improve your regret rate
The regret rate is often related to the quality of the product card. More detailed information about the product can help you get fewer regret issues.
Tips & tricks to improve the regret rate:
- Nice pictures - The first impression is of great importance. Stylish, clear and relevant product images generate additional sales.
- Title - After the first image in the ad, the title is the first thing the customer sees. It is important to be clear and sufficiently informative.
- Description - A good description is important for the customer to get all the necessary information. The description must be detailed, well-structured and clear. Repeat the details in the product title and give the customer more information.
- Properties/variations - Properties of your items contribute to a number of different factors that directly affect your sales on Fyndiq. You get higher rankings on Google, customers can filter and navigate between articles on the site and it drives stronger sales.
How you improve your Customer Satisfaction Score (CSS)
Customer satisfaction regarding own managed customer service matters. After each solved customer service case, the customer assesses the experience with thumbs up or thumbs down.
- Remember to use a professional language as you have direct contact with the customer in some cases.
- Note that we have a 24 hour rule where you need to respond to the customer within 24 hours, otherwise an automated refund is made to the customer. You only need to answer the customer, a solution to the case is required within 72 hours of feedback.
- Training materials and more information about Reclaimit can be found here.
- This way, you have ensured that you do not get a too low CSS, avoid fees and a lower Merchant Score. If you have too low CSS, you risk being temporarily blocked (1 month) from managing your own customer service.