Fyndiq is live in Sweden (fyndiq.se), Denmark (fyndiq.dk), Finland (fyndiq.fi) and Norway (fyndiq.no)! Please find below the requirements and important information to consider to start selling your products in the Nordics.
Requirements and specifications
Are you interested in selling your products in Denmark, Finland or Norway? Here are some first steps that you need to consider:
- Delivery time: Identify what delivery time you need to put on each product for each country.
- Price: Calculate what price (incl. shipping cost) you need to put on each product for each country. The prices will be set in local currencies — DKK for Denmark, EUR for Finland and NOK for Norway.
- VAT: Find out what VAT you need to put/include on each product for each country.
- Bank account: Check with your bank if you need a separate bank account for each currency since you will also be paid in the local currency. Either way, before you can start selling you need to register your IBAN here.
- Translations: Product descriptions and titles will be translated automatically by Fyndiq by default. However, if you already have translations in any Nordic language we recommend you to use these.
If you are interested to sell in our Nordic markets, please contact the Merchant Support team at email@example.com and they will get back to you regarding the next step in the process.
Specific requirements for Norway
- Make sure to check with your logistics partner(s) regarding which delivery methods are approved for VOEC.
- You will use your existing merchant account for sales in Norway (the articles you have already uploaded will also be sold in Norway)
- You will need to have a bank account, IBAN (can be Norwegian or Swedish, etc.) which can receive payment in NOK. If you need to register a new account, fill in your details here.
- Please be aware that you need to use Fyndiq's VOEC number on the customs declaration for each order.
Enable your articles
When you set your articles live for the Nordic countries you should not upload new articles, but instead update your existing articles with information about each market (selling price, original price, delivery time).
In Merchant Center you enable your articles for each market by ticking the box "Enabled" and fill out price, VAT, shipping time and delivery type for each market.
We recommend you to fill out the properties in the local language for optimized language quality. If not possible, please add properties in English.
For product title and description the text will be translated automatically if you add the information in English or Swedish.
Handling of customer service issues
Customer service tickets from Danish, Finnish and Norwegian customers are handled via Reclaimit, just like in the Swedish market. Read more here.
You communicate directly with the customer in the Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian market. Reply in the customer's language or English.
Only Danish customers go via Fyndiq's customer service. You can answer in Swedish, we translate and forward your answer to the customer.
Returns and complaints
- Returns: The customer is responsible for the cost of a return from a Nordic country to Sweden (Finland, Denmark and Norge).
- Complaints: If customer would like to return a product due to a complaint you provide a return shipping label to us which we forward to the customer. Please note that the return shipping label should apply to international returns.
VAT handling in the Nordics
Sales outside the market where the purchase takes place
If you as a merchant operates in a different country than where the sale is taking place (Denmark or Finland) reverse VAT liability will apply. Practically, Fyndiq buys your products via Fyndiq's Finnish or Danish VAT number (the product is sold from one EU country to another). For more information about how reverse VAT liability works for Swedish merchants, read more here.
In Finland and Denmark Fyndiq sells the products within the country and has to add Finnish or Danish VAT, therefore you as a merchant add Finnish or Danish VAT to the product price.
For sales that take place in Norway Fyndiq pays the sales VAT.
Sales within the local market
For sales within the local market the VAT rules of the local country apply.